The meeting is now over – thank you to all who participated both in person and online – the information below is now outdated but shows the ways in which people participated…
Unfortunately, there is no more space for in-person participants.
However, you can still join the meeting remotely:
– online: https://zoom.us/j/7022965767
– via telephone: find your local number at https://zoom.us/u/acCPDBFx5m, Meeting ID: 702 296 5767
Remote participants will mainly be able to listen in to the meeting, and occasionally will be invited to contribute by voice/video as time allows. For any technical queries please contact Ram Venugopal (email@example.com)
You can also contribute to the meeting in other specific ways:
1. The constitution of the African Astronomical Society will be a major item on the agenda of this meeting. In preparation for that discussion we invite all interested parties to contribute to the constitution via this Google Document. Alternatively you can send your suggestions/input to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the meeting.
2. Nominations for an Executive Committee: One of the objectives of this meeting is to set up an Executive Committee to take this African Astronomical Society forward. Please submit your nominations (self nominations welcome) at this link. [update 05:30 26-03-2019: All nominations are now public and can be viewed on this Google Spreadsheet. Nominations will continue to be accepted until 12:00 Central Africa Time at which point nominees will be asked to present brief motivations to the meeting, followed by voting]
3. What are your expectations of an African Astronomical Society? If you have ideas or expectations from such a society, please send an email with brief bullet points about what you feel should be the actions of an African Astronomical Society, and/or what your expectations of the society are. Send your email to email@example.com before the meeting – these will then be consolidated and presented at the meeting under this item on the programme.